Friday, November 4, 2011

two (more) wips


Two current WIPs are this Mara Shawl in madelinetosh DK (sugar plum), and Acer Cardigan, in madtosh vintage (some discontinued wren), the shawl for when I'm knitting late at night by the light of TV shows on my laptop, and the cardigan for other times. I didn't bring the Mr. Darcy sweater I'm theoretically making for Iain (eleven balls of yarn in a suitcase was a bit unrealistic, even for me), though I do have the Marilinda socks with me, usually for my long and uneventful shifts in the fair trade shop. So that's what's going on here, knitting-wise. 


I'm not making a lot of progress on either at the moment, though, because things have been insane in town lately: in honor of our town's anniversary, there have been parades, dances, street parties, bullfights (of the non-killing variety, thankfully!) and pig-eating festivals: 








How awesome are the flowers in the girl's hat? 

So that's here. Things are finally a bit calm in town, though I'm actually heading up further into the mountains to take a four day long natural dye workshop in the cloud forest. I have no idea what to expect, but it seemed like too amazing of an opportunity to pass up - so, more later when I get back! 


3 comments:

  1. I just had to read the following sentence out loud to my family: "a four day long natural dye workshop in the cloud forest." because it sounds so amazing and I'm so envious. I can't wait to hear all about it. I've had the Mara Shawl queued for such a long time and seeing your WIP in Madtosh DK is getting me excited again to cast on. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the Mara shawl is an excellent knit. Well, it's pretty boring towards the end but once you cast off it's so worth it.
    And the acer...that one is in my queue but i haven't bought it yet. Can't wait to see yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitch! I love your colorful photos!

    ReplyDelete