Sunday, December 12, 2010

non-gift hat


This is the prototype of a new hat pattern I am in the process of writing - it was supposed to be a hat for my sister, but it's a bit large - not a problem for me, as I like slouchy hats and can easily sew in some elastic if it gets too stretched out - but I'm not totally sure of her head-size, and so I actually made her a different one that was a tiny bit smaller in a different color, which is blocking right now. Better photos to follow soon, hopefully; if all goes well, I should be able to put it up for test knitting soon, where I'm hoping I'll find at least 2 takers given the insanely busy time of year.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful in a gorgeous crimson shade, I like this slouchy version :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Tart is by far my favorite crimson yarn :-) The next version will be slouchy too, just a little tighter around the brim (i hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty!! I bet a lot of people will be very interested in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adore the hat! so pretty

    ReplyDelete